The building which is now Noblin Funeral Service was originally the First United Presbyterian Church of Belen.
The church had its beginning with the German Lutheran community in Belen. The congregation was incorporated as Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church in 1885 and officially organized by the Synod of Nebraska in 1888.
The church first worshipped in an adobe house, then purchased an abandoned Congregational Church. The church built its first sanctuary, and adobe building on Main Street, in 1904. In 1911 the church built the current adobe sanctuary designed by an architect in Chicago. The original art glass windows were from a Chicago studio and most are memorials to the older local German families.
As time went by, the Lutherans invited other congregations to form a federated church, and the name was officially changed in 1948 to The Federated Church of Belen. The congregation then agreed to become part of the United Presbyterian Church in 1964.
With serious space problems as well as increased parking and traffic problems, the congregation voted to relocate and is now working towards building a new facility in Rio Communities on Manzano Expressway.
In 1997, the church was purchased and became a funeral home. In June of 2005, Robert C. Noblin, Jr., a licensed funeral director from Fredericksburg, Virginia purchased the business and is the current owner and manager of the funeral home, changing the name to Noblin Funeral Service in December 2010 to prepare for the opening of the Noblin Funeral Service, Los Lunas Chapel.